Thursday, July 12, 2012

At The Gates


You work so hard
So hard at being you
You dive to the bed of the sea and hurl yourselves above the sky
You work so hard
What fools


Working to make a history
Working to make a world
Working to make lives
What fools


You kill so easily
It makes me laugh how easily you kill
You throw fire and steel until your arms hang heavy and you shake your heads and click your tongues at the low-down dirty shame, because you’ve been working so hard…
What fools


Because the history is killing
And the world is dying
And your lives pass so quickly I barely notice them and I say, what fools, what fools


And you love so strangely
So pointlessly
And it makes me laugh how…
You scale mountains and build castles and cast shattering light upon yourselves so that you may never see another night
And you dive to the sea…and it’s so strange how you work, how you love, how you kill
For one kiss
What fools


And I watch so closely
So closely to see how it all fits together
And I say, what fools, what fools
But still, one kiss…


What fools

1 comment: