Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Jonah

I don't remember you being this tall
I don't remember you knowing so much
I don't remember you understanding this world
Sometimes I wish you didn't

I remember you being this brave
I remember you making me laugh this much
I remember you being this full of love
Sometimes all I do is remember

Sometimes I can't believe you're real
Sometimes I don't know what I did so right
Sometimes I look at you
And all the words I've spent my life accumulating fail me

It was a night like this that I held you
And you and I were floating alone in a sea of stars
It was a night like this I made my promise
And you just slept


I don't remember you being this tall
I don't remember you running so far
But I remember my heart bursting one night
It's never stopped once since then

1 comment: